Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ups and downs in life

Just attended Charles' and Li Feng's wedding last Saturday. Part of the sermon went something like: our life is full of ups and downs. What matters is regardless of where we are, it doesn't really matter as long as we have God with us.

I've lately been in the valleys of my life for another mixture of factors and one predominant trigger. Not the first time it has happened and I know that, by the grace of God, it will come to pass. The most dreaded part about these downs is that, while I know God is a gracious God, it somehow happens that these downs in my life always seem to be the times when I'm furthest from Him - and it's when I'm furthest from Him that things in my life start to break into pieces, leaving me all disgruntled and exasperated...

But every cloud has a silver lining; I know that once this period passes, I will only come out stronger and it's by these trials where I learn to depend on God more, knowing that His will reigns above all.

On a brighter note, I'm reminded by Charles and Li Feng that the purest love that can be found between two people is only achieved by seeking Him first and letting Him point you to each other.

Another encouraging thing in my life now is that a good friend of mine is turning to Christ. How infinitely thankful can I be that yet one more person is accepting Christ into his life...

Father, though I walk in darkness now, thank You for showing me the light around me, and things that I can give thanks for. May You be glorified forever more, amen.

No comments: